Let’s get our cake-tivity on. Get it? Like, creativity, but with cake!
Okay, not very funny, but I’ll make it up to you:
Or rather, cake-spiration. Nope, that one isn’t any better. Well, some fun with your cake. Play with your food. Your residents will love you for it, and you can even pretend that you did it *just for them* without any regard for your own cake predilections.
- Make rainbow cupcakes
- Too lazy? Make marbled cupcakes
- Make sheet cakes at the beginning of the semester and freeze them
- Make cake in a jar (and freeze that too)
- Make a cupcake bouquet
- Decorate your cupcakes like balloons, Up style
- Use rainbow sprinkles, duh
- Make sprinkles (recipes here and here)
- If you’re making rainbow cake, have a rainbow party. Use Gatorade for rainbow drinks, make this centerpiece, make melted crayon art….here are two rainbow parties you can use for inspiration
- For light colored frosting, drip a little food coloring on top, and use a spoon, knife, and/or toothpick to make paintings
- This is a wonderful Saint Patrick’s day cake
- For lazy frosting, melt a marshmallow on top of cupcakes a few minutes before they are done (haven’t tried it, but pinterest would never steer me wrong)
Have fun and enjoy tasting that rainbow